Sunday, September 19, 2010

Song #15 "Jason's Keeper"


This song is for my step brother who was killed a couple of years ago. My step mom had written a poem to him and it gave me an idea for this song. I wrote the verses at home and needed to get out so I took my video camera and filmed random stuff in the city (Boston). The things I found inspired the lyrics for the Chorus (mainly the sun ... I felt very spiritual when I was out filming and almost felt like he was in the sun looking down on me and giving me strength and inspiration. So the idea clicked that he was in the sun and we can see him whenever we want to). This is a difficult subject to write about because there are a lot of people's feelings you have to keep in mind. I hope I did justice to the situation. We miss you Jason!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment